With globalisation, the mobility of capital and the integration of production and markets are notably increasing especially in Asian region. As the directors of international organisations or about to go abroad, there are pertinent issues, challenges and practices that international directors need to know how to manage. This includes functions and cultural aspects of the international board, the wide range of directors’ duties and responsibilities as well as the internal and external relationships of the board that need to be aware of.
Developed and delivered by Australian Institute of Corporate Directors (AICD) in partnership with MINDA, the programme aims to provide participants with a deeper understanding of director diversity, cultural implications and performance best practice when working across regulatory, cultural and social borders as well as legal frameworks and compliance requirements.
Governance for International Directors
- The role of the International Director and the International Board
- Introduction to Board Meetings and International Governance
Strategy and Risk for International Directors
- Introduction to the Strategic Role of the International Director
- Risk: Issues for International Directors
Finance for International Directors
- Introduction to Financial Information for International Directors
- Assessing Financial Performance for International Directors
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a director in an international context
- Work more effectively with your board to drive positive performance outcomes
- Identify and mitigate the risks faced by international directors and multi-national companies
- Enrich the contribution you make to your board and organisation
Who Will Benefit
More specifically, the programme has been designed for:
- Executive and non-executive directors of multi-national organisations
- Senior executives of multi-national organisations who report to a board
- International business owners
*Knowledge of Finance and Strategy & Risk is recommended but not required.
The programme will incorporate a blend of information which is provided as pre-reading, presentation and group work through case studies and table discussions. The Facilitators are governance professionals and directors with international directorship experience.
• Fireplace chat for local business insight
• Networking cocktail with Australian key industry players
FMBA, BCom, FAICD, FCPA, FFSI Australia
- Over 35 years executive banking and board experience in Australia and in the Asia/Pacific region
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of banking services and operations, particularly in strategic leadership, financial analysis, sales management, business development, treasury processes, credit risk management and credit processes.
Dr. Peter Chandra
BSc Hons in Eng (UK), PhD (Kings College, London), CEng, CITP, MBCS, MIET, GAICD
- Over 25 years experience as an executive and non-executive director in not-forprofits, publicly-listed, SMEs and private companies (national and international)
- A worldwide-accredited Trainer & Coach and Founding Partner of the John Maxwell Certification Program
- Facilitator for the AICD in Corporate Strategy & Risk, in Board Reporting and in Corporate Social Responsibility
BEcon FFin GAICD (Merit)
- Neil Hackett is a professionally qualified Director, ASX200 Company Secretary and Senior Executive with 20 years practical experience with diversified industrials, financial services, mining and the ASIC.
- Neil works closely with ASX200 Board’s, Directors, CEO’s, ASX and ASIC, and legal and corporate advisers on strategic and corporate governance requirements and has helped project-manage multiple corporate transactions including public equity capital raisings, debt financing, corporate takeovers and business acquisitions.
RM 20,000 per participant, includes programme materials, accommodation, airport transfers and halal meals. However, it excludes airfare and additional night stay which are to be borne by the participant.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will receive MINDA AICD joint certificate of attendance and two professional memberships from MINDA and AICD respectively.
You have the opportunity to achieve the International Foundations Directorship Certificate. To do so, you will need to successfully complete and pass the assessment. Find out more about how you will be assessed
Two Professional Membership
MINDA Professional Membership
- Admitted as Member of Malaysian Directors Academy for 2 years which carries the post-nominal of MMDA.
- Access to its members’ privileges.
AICD Professional Membership
- Admitted as Member of Australian Institute of
Company Directors for 1 year which carries the post-nominal of MAICD.
- Access to its members’ privileges.
*Subject to membership criteria and related terms & conditions of MINDA and AICD.