PRIVACY NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
In pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Malaysian Directors Academy (MINDA) and/or its group of Companies (referred hereinafter to as “MINDA”, “our”, “us” or “we”) wish to inform all Malaysian Directors Institute (MDI) Members, Academy Alumni, Corporate Customers and users of MINDA Directors Portal (MDP) that we maintain certain personal information about you as part of our records. We are committed to protecting your personal data to ensure that you make informed decisions when you provide your personal data to us.
This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of MINDA.
The personal data processed include all information contained in our Directors’ programme registration form together with other information we may obtain about you from oral or written communications, the MDP and all other forms from time to time.
We appreciate your support for our services and value our relationship with you. We would like to continue to communicateinformation on our products, services, promotions and matters relating to the primary purposes below.
1. Purpose of Collecting Your Data
- To operate and upkeep your personalised Director Account in MDP and our accounting systems;
- To confirm, update and enhance your records (eg. to update your status as a MDI Member and Academy Alumni);
- To process your registration to our local and overseas programmes;
- To monitor and update your attendance to our programmes;
- To communicate any changes/ updates related to registered programmes;
- To conduct market research and/or statistical analysis;
- To facilitate the neccessary reporting to the relevant authorities/ governing bodies;
- To operate and upkeep a Recruiter Account in MDP to enable your company to use the candidates searching service for suitable Directorship candidates;
- For marketing purposes (subject to any objection received and/or consent obtained, for which see below)
- To communicate via Boardview magazine, direct mailer, email blast and telemarketing;
- To promote offers on MINDA programmes and services and that of our Strategic Partners;
- To reply to enquiries made via call, email, fax and any other available communication methods;
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
2. Categories of Personal Information that We Collect
Personal data that we may collect:
- Name, date of birth, IC number or passport number (for non-residence);
- Contact details including address, phone number(s), mobile number and email address;
- Occupation and career profile;
- Any other personal data required for the purposes as set out above.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be provided to the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- Persons/Organisations who are seeking suitable candidates for Directorship;
- Persons/Organisations required under law or in response to government requests;
- Related, subsidiaries, holdings of MINDA, including future entities under MINDA;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities, enforcement agencies under law;
- Auditors, accountants, lawyers engaged by MINDA;
- Contractors, sub-contractors engaged by MINDA;
- Third party service /product providers that is deem necessary or appropriate for the purposes stated above (including those located out of Malaysia, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security);
- Persons under a duty of confidentiality to MINDA.
4. Non-Provision of Personal Data
The failure to supply us with the required personal information will potentially:
- Result in us being unable to enter into a service contract or agreement [or specific service] with you;
- Result in us being unable to communicate notices, value added services and updates to you;
- Affect our capacity to accomplish the above stated purposes;
5. Data Security
We shall take necessary steps to store and process your personal information securely. We will undertake the following security steps:
- Implementation of a formal information security policy and necessary technology controls such as firewall, password controls, physical security, logging and monitoring etc;
- Process controls such as segregation of duties, defined roles and responsibilities and need to know basis for staff;
- Third party providers and contractors storing or processing personal data has implemented similar acceptable standards of security.
6. Retention of Personal Data
Your personal information will be stored for only the period as necessary to fulfill the purposes stated above after which we proceed to ensure that your personal data is destroyed, anonymised or permanently deleted if it is no longer necessary to store. Reasons to further store your personal information even after the fulfillment of the purposes include:
- to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements;
- to protect the interest of MINDA.
7. Rights of Access and Correction
The PDPA allows you the right to access the personal data you have submitted. You may at any time update or amend the information provided to us by:
- Log in into your MDP account and update/ correct your details directly;
- Request copies of the data from us;
- Request that we correct any of your inaccurate, obsolete, incomplete or misleading personal data.
In accordance with the PDPA, and to the extent not limited by any other applicable law, MINDA may charge an administration
fee for processing your request for access or correction to the Personal Data (except direct access and update via MDP), in compliance
to the fees stated in the PDPA sub-regulation.
8. Transfer Of Your Personal Information Outside Malaysia
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or strategic partners who are involved in providing part of services is located in countries outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in the instances whereby it is necessary to fulfil the execution of the service/products that you signed up for (e.g. accommodation for overseas programme).
We shall take necessary steps to ensure that any such partners are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us, to safeguard your personal information.
9. Your Options and How To Contact Us
For as long as you remain a MDI Member, Academy Alumni, Corporate Customer or an user of MDP, your information will remain with MINDA and we will take all participative steps to ensure the security of the data at all times from any unauthorised access. MINDA will endeavor not to disclose any personal identifiable information to any organisation unless necessary to organise its programmes, offer board placement services and/or set out in this Privacy Notice.
You may at any time make a request in writing to limit the processing and use of your personal data, including to prevent usage of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to us at +60-3-2780 5032 or write to us:
Malaysian Directors Academy (MINDA)
Suite 2A-2-1, Block 2A, Plaza Sentral,
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, KL Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur
(Attention: Marketing & Engagement Division)
As per Section 7(3) of the Act, this Privacy Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistency, the terms of the English version shall prevail.
11. Acknowledgement of this Privacy Notice and Consent
We trust that you are agreeable and consent to the continued usage and processing of your personal data for the purpose abovementioned. If you do not consent to the usage and processing of your personal data, please notify us with a letter of disagreement to the stated contact details as per note 9 above within fourteen (14) days from the date of this Privacy Notice, failing which we shall assume that you have no objections to the same.
MINDA reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any material changes will be posted on our website (www.minda.com.my) with the updated Privacy Notice.